Proteinase K is a subtilisin-related serine protease that will hydrolyze a variety of peptide bonds. Proteinase K is active in a wide range of temperatures and buffers with optimal activity between 20 and 60°C and a pH between 7.5 and 12.0. Activity is stimulated when up to 2% SDS or up to 4 M urea are included in the reaction. Calcium is important for thermostability of Proteinase K but it is not required for catalysis, therefore Proteinase K is also active in buffers containing chelating agents such as EDTA.
- Form : White to Light Yellow Powder, Lyophilized from purified liquid enzyme
- Source : Mutated gene from Tritirachium album limber, Recombinant
- Specific Activity : ≥30U/mg dry weights
- Molecular Weight : 29.3 kDa
Cat No. Size Remark W6050 22 mg
- Isolation of plasmid and genomic DNA
- Isolation of RNA
- Inactivation of RNases, DNases and enzymes in reactions
- Removal of enzymes from DNA to improve cloning efficiency
- PCR purification
Storage & Shipping
- Store at 4 to -20ºC recommended; Mutated Proteinase K powder is stable at room temperature in two years.
There are no reviews yet.